Monday, October 15, 2007

So much for those plans

I planned on getting involved in some blogger tourney's over the weekend, but it was not to be. I started off with the final raisetheriver.com league game Saturday morning. Things were going well, but about 30 mins into the tourney strange noises and smoke started coming out of my computer. I quickly turned off the computer and upon opening the case found that the fan on the video card had stopped working. I hadn't used the computer in ages so a lot of dust had gathered inside and was causing the smoke. I had a spare video card so swapped it over, but by the time I found the video driver on the net the RTR tourney was over. I ended up in fifth which was a good effort for my half hours work.

Sunday was the Pokerstars bloggers tourney. Because I am in Australia the event was on at 5am Monday morning. This week is Indy car racing week in surfers paradise, where I live, so it's a fun week with heaps happening. Sunday night the "boogie pimps" were playing at a local nightclub. I got to the club about 10pm, but the "boogie pimps" didn't get on stage to about 1am. It was a great concert but I didn't get home until about 3am. I still planned on playing in the Pokerstars tourney as I have this week off. I set the alarm for 4.50am, but I didn't wake up until the alarm had been ringing for about 8 minutes. I raced to my computer fired up Pokerstars but by the time I found the tourney I was too late. So that was a waste of time and effort.

Apart from that the rest of my poker went fairly well over the weekend. I have started a new strategy that I will write about tomorrow which is working really well. It forces me to concentrate and focus more on my play. I find that lately poker has started to be about going through the motions for me. I am playing too much ABC poker and it is affecting my results. Now I am starting to push the action more and mix it up a bit. As well as improving my results it also makes playing a lot more enjoyable, so it's good all round.

I'm off to an Indy party tonight, so need to get an afternoon sleep in. I've got a few good topics this week so will get into it tomorrow.


 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wondered where you had gone!!! You were playing very well too. Didn't really enjoy having you on my left!

So did your computer really blow up or was it the fear of facing BurnleyMik?? ;o) hehehehe.

Was definately good to see you there mate.

Cya next time.

BM