Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ship It

Just booked my biggest win in a cash game sessions this year. I just kept flopping the nuts, and the bluffers just kept pushing all-in. In one hand I had 66, call a raise along with 3 other players and flopped 2 more 6's for quads. I'm in middle position First raiser checks I check, 3 person bets, first person goes all in, I call and third person also calls. Easy triple up. Ship it.

Variance can sure take the fun out of poker when you are running bad, but when it is on your side it makes you feel like a poker god.

My strategy of buying in for only 60BB seems to be working. People are happier to push and call all-in when they are not putting their whole stack at risk. The only downside is that I have a rule of cashing out and rebuying at a new table for 60BB each time I double up. This can make for a lot of table hopping, and leaving some potentially profitable tables. I'll stick with it and let you know how I finish up at the end of the week.

I'm heading back to the tables to see if I can donk off all my days' winnings. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

dD said...

good luck !

i like your poker articles, very informative :)

regards

dD

btw at least your lot did not get humped ... by the argies of all teams :((