Friday, September 14, 2007

Stacking them up

Played another frustrating Full Tilt $24 tourney last night. Made it into the money with a fairly decent stack. I had the second biggest chipstack at the table when I woke up with AA in the big blind. The chipleader made and early position raise and got one caller. I re-raised and after a couple of seconds of contemplation the chipleader pushed all-in. I called and he turned over QQ. You guessed it, out on the flop came the queen, and that was me gone. If I had won the hand I would have been a huge chipleader and a good chance at some decent money. It really hasn't helped my enthusiasm for MTT's. Up until now I have enjoyed playing the satellites on Full Tilt in which you can win $26 tokens to use in MTT's. Of a nighttime while watching TV or surfing the net I always have a couple of satellites running on my second monitor. I have collected over 40 $26 tokens, and up to now haven't had much interest in playing any MTT's with them. I even started using the $26 tokens to play single table satellites for $75 tokens. I've managed to earn 6 of these so far. I usually only play tourney's and satellites while doing other things, and most of the time if there isn't a tourney about to start I end up playing more satellites instead.

The problem is I have a stack of tokens without a big desire to play MTT's. I really enjoy the satellites, they are fast, soft, and fun. MTT's on the other hand usually just end up frustrating me. I spend 3 hours of my time to be sucked out on by a 2 outer on the river just before getting in the money most of the time. I know I must be due for a big win in a MTT soon and just need to keep persevering, but getting the enthusiasm to play them is hard. My plan is to use my tokens to play the satellites for the Sunday $215. That way when I do finally have a bit of luck in a MTT, it should hopefully be a big win. Last weekend in New Zealand so I'm hoping to get out for a few drinks for the next couple of nights. Have a good weekend on and off the tables everyone.

2 comments:

Jaklang said...

Hi

Just came across your blog. I have a poker blog too which i started up not too long ago.

Interesting to know an australian poker blogger. Would like to exchange blogroll with you.

However i don't talk much about poker games at my blog cos, poker is not really legal at my country......Yet.

Dazza said...

Have added you to my bloglist