Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Not much poker

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. Things have been a lot busier than I expected. I went snowboarding over the weekend and had a great time. Stayed down at the snow for 3 days rather than the 2 that I had planned for. This means that I got a bit behind on my work and have spent the last couple of days catching up. I won't have too much time to blog for the rest of this week as I'm off down to Queenstown for a couple of days. I'm back over the weekend, so will get back to posting every day from next Monday.

Most of the poker I have played this week has been tournaments. Played both the big Sunday tournaments at Full Tilt and Pokerstars. I didn't find the level of skill much higher than what I am used to in the $20 and $30 tourneys. Both of them I got all my money in with the best hand and got sucked out on fairly deep. I'm going to keep playing satellites into them and hope to play them both next weekend. The latest soft satellites I have found are the Full Tilt $13 heads up, to win a $26 token. After midnight EST the level of play in these is so poor that of the 23 of them I have played so far I have won tokens in 18 of them. I then use the $26 tokens to enter satellites for the big weekend tourneys.

I really want to improve my tournament play and have been rereading the "Full Tilt Strategy Guide" book. This book is an excellent read, but some of the information in it is fairly hard going. Even after reading it a couple of times I am struggling to utilize a couple of its concepts. I will keep reading and hope to improve my game with the effort I am making.

I have started playing a bit of NL200 cash games, but have played too few hands so far to get a feel for how much tougher they are. I'm down a little bit so far, but you can sure clear bonuses quick 9 tabling them.

Party poker gave me $100 of free money this week for no deposit. If you haven't played on Party in a while check your account as I think the bonus was given to most players. It was free money that you can't cash out, so I played a $100 sit and go with it. I came second for a $200 profit which I cashed out, and plan to play in a $100 tourny with the $100 of Party poker money still left in the account. Hard to beat free money.

Will try and make an update on Friday and get back into it next Monday. Hope everyone has a good week.

3 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I'm loving the free $50 I got. Turned it into $117 so far. Not loads but when I started with a $59 roll for my challenge it's brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

Thomas Kennedy said...

Good job using the heads-up matches to win tokens. You might also want to try single table sit 'n go tournaments. The varience is much lower on these types of events making them more profitable than other types of tournament play.