Friday, September 28, 2007

Can’t wait to get home

Sorry for no posts this week. I am still stuck in New Zealand just finishing up on my contract. I can't wait to get back home to Australia. The reason for no posts is that my notebook computer got stolen last week. I left it sitting on a desk while I went to the restroom and when I returned it was gone. It had everything on it. All my poker stuff, work stuff, and blog stuff. I was gutted. I've been battling with the insurance company to get paid for it, but have to convince them that I made every effort to secure it before it was stolen.

No poker either for about a week now. It's a little bit hard to play without a computer. I was hoping to reach Supernova before the end of this month, but that gone down the drain for another month. I think I've got most of my important data backed up at home, but won't be able to check until next Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

So I'm now in the market for a new notebook, will do a bit of research over the weekend. I think this could be the time to get myself a nice big monitor to go with it. Maybe the 27" dell.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Will be back up and blogging next Wednesday when I get back to Australia.


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the lappy being stolen mate. Scumbags take any and every opportunity, but are always the first to cry and moan when they have something done to them.

Hope it gets sorted anyway and they catch the scum.

Big Black Dog said...

hello mate from the wet waste lands of england!sad to read its not only here that you have to nail your gear down to stop sum scrote from lifting it! good blog earlier about positive/negative emotions,we are all guilty of whingeing about the pots we have lost to 2 outers and other bad beats but forget the times when we (i!) go all in with the worst of it and shaft the favourite on the river!! gd luck and run hot when you get the new lappy!

Anonymous said...

ouch! that sucks mate... hope u have some luck in getting it back, a 2-outer longshot I know... o/wise, look forward to you getting back in the swing of things soon...