Thursday, August 2, 2007

Supernova here I come

I'm back playing on Pokerstars for the month. I 'm determined to reach Supernova level and I'll be going out all month to achieve it. I have stepped back to playing 9 tables at a time on Pokerstars. The tables seem to act really fast at Pokerstars, and I think trying to keep up with 12 tables was leading to some costly mistakes for me. The only site I've found where the action moves faster is Ultimate bet.

All the American players with suspended funds in Neteller for the last 6 months have started to have those funds paid to them finally. I am hoping this will loosen up the tables a bit. I think many Americans had given up on ever getting their Neteller money returned so some of them may see it as free money and play a bit looser with it. Fingers crossed.

Today's Topic: Professional No-Limit Hold'em (Book review)

I have just finished reading a new book called "Professional No-Limit Hold'em" by Matt Flynn and Ed Miller. Ed Miller was responsible for writing one of the classic books on poker called "Small Stakes Hold'em", so I have been looking forward to reading this for a while.

This book really teaches you how to play and think like a professional. It shows how to size your bets, manage the pot, manipulate your opponents, know when to go all-in, and avoid the big mistake. It includes critical no-limit concepts like The REM Process, The Commitment Threshold, and Stack-To-Pot Ratios.

I found this book extremely well written and easy to read. Very complicated subjects are explained very simply and in a manner that is easy to understand. I'd have to say most of the materials in the book are geared towards play with "aggressive" or "tricky" opponents which as you move up limits you will find more of. But you will find benefit from this book no matter what blind level you play. You will just find more benefit from certain parts of the book when facing different types of opponents.

I highly recommend this book for anyone trying to improve their poker game.

Get it from Amazon.com




Today' Link

If you ever want to know how many players are playing any level of game on any site then the place to find it is Pokersitescout.com

1 comment:

The 80th Minute said...

Supernova! Whoh that would be a great achievement!

Good luck in chasing it!

Not to mention that I'm struggling to get my deposit bonus freed!