Friday, November 2, 2007

A Stars Star

It's been a long time coming but last night I finally reached SUPERNOVA status on Pokerstars. I was expecting a little bit more fanfare, but a small box appeared on screen advising me I had reached Supernova. I was planning on reaching it a month ago, but got a bit sidetracked in that quest. I'm pleased that I have made it, as it does now guarantee an equivalent of about 33% rakeback. This saves me the time and hassle of looking around different sites trying to find whatever bonuses or deals they have going. At the same time it does lock me into playing on Stars for the foreseeable future which may or may not be a good thing.

Today's Topic: Poker Tells

As I mentioned yesterday I have been playing a bit of live poker of late and have being trying to pick up on peoples tells. A "tell" is any physical reaction, kind of behavior, or habit that gives (or tells) the other players information about your hand. The 3 most reliable tells that I have observed are as follows:

  • Shaking Hands: During a hand, if you notice a player's hands are shaking as she places her bet, she probably has gotten a really, really good hand. Perhaps the nuts.
  • Staring Down Other Players: If an opponent is staring you down, he's trying to represent strength. Usually though, he has a weak hand – he might have something, but it's something that can be beaten or drawn out on.
  • Sighing and Shrugging: If a player makes a show of sighing or shrugging, and says things like "Oh, I guess I'll call," or even "Why am I calling?" he probably is overacting and is trying to hide a big hand.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend and remember when it comes to poker "Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out for the shaking legs (if you can see them) -a sure fire sign someone has a big hand.

Anonymous said...

hi i do have a problem last night when i went to play a poker game i put on 50 buccks and i won free games but suddenly the machine caused an error so what should i do ? it might be possible that i could win more than 100000 dollars may be it was my luck i am in great confusion should i claim for this? or the manager of the bar is trying to cheat me do pls reply soon on divine_love75@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have found an interesting site, which is http://winpokie.nz/ and I would like to know your opinion in several issues such as, in which city is better to open a poker club in Australia? Why?
Do you know any examples of people who have developed in this area of business and have achieved success? How did they managed to do it?
What is the biggest poker club in Australia?