Sunday, July 22, 2007

HORSEing around

I played some H.O.R.S.E on Pokerstars over the weekend. For those of you not familiar with the game, it is a combination of Holdem, Omaha, Stud, and Razz. You play 10 hand of each game before moving onto the next one.

While NL Holdem is currently dominating nearly all poker sites I feel that over the next couple of years it’s popularity will start to shrink. Everyone just keeps getting better at NL Holdem and it’s getting harder to get a big edge over your opposition.

Meanwhile jump into a HORSE game on any site and even though I’m a below average Omaha 8 or better and stud player, finding even weaker opponents is easy at the lower limits. The main difficulty I have with HORSE is playing multiple tables, I can just manage to play 4 tables at a time, and can’t see myself being able to increase that in the near future. Playing NL Holdem I normally play a minimum of 9 tables at a time and can easily handle up to 12 tables. So while I enjoy HORSE and want to keep improving my game, at this stage I can still win more money in the NL Holdem game.

Just got an email offering me a $500 bonus at Full Tilt. The last time I played the games were not very soft at Full Tilt. I’ve had a bad run on Pokerstars lately, so a change could be just what I need, so Full Tilt here I come. I'll report back on the level of play in a few days time.

For new players just starting out or anyone busto at the moment VC poker (Part of the Ipoker network) is offering a FREE $35 no deposit required bonus to get you started. Just click on this link to VC Poker. As the saying goes “Free money is always good money”.

Hope everyone has a good week on the tables, see you all tomorrow.

No comments: